Job Posted: 12th July 2022
To support the Technical Team to deliver the departmental strategy regarding product and process development and sample production. You will play a key role as the link between wet end and finish activities to ensure all relevant goals are met. You will take a proactive approach in all tasks that are required, using effective communication skills to nurture internal inter-departmental relationships to assist in the delivery of product/process development projects and customer samples.
• Support technical team in all required activities whilst living and displaying the company values and promoting health, safety, and wellbeing.
• Great organisational, communication, and relationship skills.
• Good solid understanding of the entire leather making process, equipment, and quality measures.
• Great time management abilities and understanding of all associated time restrictions to deliver effectively against department output requirements.
• Setting up sample order checklists, logging and analysing batch data, and reporting of required changes to ongoing technical trials.
• Assisting with the planning and scheduling of all sample order and trial batches.
• Providing regular updates on batch and trial progress and communicating to the development/process team as well as key stakeholders.
• Responsible for interdepartmental communications regarding key trial information (Colour/Quality/Production).
• Updating and maintaining several internal metrics to assist product/process development.
• Providing technical support, as required, to machine teams on all technical batches.
• Where necessary, operating equipment or leading production teams to support production of samples/trials.
• Supporting technical hide reviews by organising, staging, and providing feedback updates.
• Providing support and training during launch phases to assist production readiness.
• Responsible for preparation of all materials for processing (Leather and Chemicals).
• Good understanding of leather making process, with leather operational experience
• Displays characteristics to go above and beyond. Is flexible and nimble and has willingness to learn and challenge.
• Basic Microsoft Office competence.
Key Competencies Required
• Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working.
• Treat every experience as an opportunity to learn something new
• Ask others for help and advice.
• Undertake regular self-development aligned to your role or future roles.
Attention to Detail
• Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information.
• Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do.
• Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork.
• Proactively listen to, consider, and embrace diverse ideas and styles.
• Achieve results by prioritizing workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available.
• Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion.
• Respond positively to change and look for new ways of working that improve efficiency.
• Be open to trying new ideas.
• Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience. Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations.
• Act on own initiative without being prompted.
• Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
• Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions, even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
• Focus on customer (internal and external) needs and satisfaction.
• Technical Management
• Technical Team
• Production Supervisor
• All Operations Teams
• Quality + Laboratory Team
• Warehouse Team
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com