Spray Team Leader
Job Posted: 8th August 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
The Roller coat and Spray Team Leader is responsible for the safe operation of a spray or roller coat line and overseeing the team working on that operation. The Team Leader should maintain regular and effective communication with the team, ensuring that all operational and housekeeping tasks are completed on a daily basis which will support and maintain quality and workplace organisation standards. In addition, the Team Leader will work closely with the Colour and Quality teams to ensure that the coatings applied to the hides are correct and within specification for customers.
- To ensure that the spray machine is set up correctly and all safety checks have been carried out.
- Viscosity checks – method used to establish the specific viscosity of each mix prior to spraying.
- Add on checks – method used to establish the correct amount of finish is applied according to the technical specification.
- Colour checks and corrections – method used to ensure that the leather is within customer specification for colour and gloss level when required. This is checked by lab personnel and any adjustments added by the team leader.
- Monitoring of the machines and ongoing quality, colour and add on checks throughout the batch run.
- Ensuring that the hides are transferred after the final top coat.
- Inspect the colour check pass hide to ensure a high quality of application and free from any faults, e.g., mottle, gun spits, inlay etc. To inspect every 65 hides thereafter.
- Responsible for ensuring all Health and Safety standards are met
- Takes ownership for ensuring all housekeeping duties are met such as gun cleaning and safe working are promoted.
- Team player – works as part of team to deliver results.
- Effective communications at all levels.
- Has worked in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with an understanding of using KPIs to manage an operation.
- Experience of meeting and exceeding Health & Safety and workplace organization requirements.
- Demonstrable management or supervisory skills – can provide examples of coaching others to improve performance.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Key Competencies Required
- Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working.
- Be self-aware and authentic.
- Be an exemplary role model and take the lead in promoting and living by our values.
- Establish norms of behaviour for the team and take appropriate actions if they are not adhered to.
Attention to Detail
- Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do.
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork.
- Achieve results by prioritizing workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available.
- Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion.
- Use effective communication strategies to develop, empower, and motivate teams and individuals, as well as driving employee engagement.
- Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience.
- Understand, manage, and clarify expectations.
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
- Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
Focus on customer (internal and external) needs and satisfaction.
- Colour Team
- Quality Technicians
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com