Senior Production Planner
Job Posted: 13th July 2022
Location: Paisley, Scotland
To support the leather cutting department through completion of order scheduling and materials management tasks. This will support the wider business in ensuring that customer orders and therefore weekly on-time-in-full objectives are met.
The role will be responsible for confirming order schedules with various customers, inputting these orders into the Microsoft Dynamics (MRP) operating system, completing necessary analysis and feedback to customers based on this analysis and capacity constraints, formulating production plans, and tracking orders from input to despatch. There will also be a requirement to complete ad hoc inventory and planning tasks to support the wider business planning and inventory management team.
- Receive and verify customer orders, then feedback production plan based on these orders.
- Support schedule and operations planning manager.
- Provide daily production updates, highlighting any potential issues and escalating where necessary.
- Support weekly cyclic checks, working with relevant departments to review any discrepancies.
- Analyse slow moving stock to identify bottlenecks and work with relevant supervisors to resolve.
- Be involved in daily meetings to gain overall knowledge of how departments rely on each other to ensure flow of product and resource utilization.
• Experience in supply chain or production environment
• Good communication skills to build relationships with all stakeholders
• Able to plan effectively in an environment with ever-changing priorities
• Able to work effectively with limited guidance and determine own priorities
• Well-developed personal computing skills including spreadsheet applications
• Good attention to detail
Key Competencies Required
- Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working.
- Be self-aware and authentic.
- Undertake regular self-development aligned to your role or future roles.
Attention to Detail
- Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do.
- Understand what makes our business successful and be conscious of internal and external developments.
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork.
- Achieve results by prioritizing workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available.
- Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion.
- Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience.
- Understand, manage, and clarify expectations.
- Act on own initiative without being prompted.
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions, even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Recognise where problems may arise and suggest preventative measures.
- Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
- Focus on customer (internal and external) needs and satisfaction.
• Leather Cutting Department Production Supervisors and Managers
• Site Quality and Technical Teams
• Commercial Team
• External Customers
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com