Sales Support Administrator
Job Posted: 11th July 2022
Location: Paisley. Scotland
The role of Sales Support Administrator is responsible for maximising business profitability through efficient and effective management of all automotive and aviation customer orders and enquiries and ensuring complete accuracy of systems and internal and external communications. You will play a key role in supporting the Senior Materials and Logistics Manager to build strong and meaningful customer relationships and achieve “best in class” sales and account management.
Coupled with creating a strong customer centric culture, success will require close collaboration with Materials and Logistics, Account Managers, Sales, Production and Quality Teams to ensure that we grow and sustain a profitable business and reduce our dependency on any one customer. Your ultimate aim is to utilise your planning skills and customer partnerships to position our Company to be the most respected automotive and aviation leather brand and supplier of choice in the world.
• Ensure that you operate in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself and other staff and visitors at all times
• Adopt a culture that is responsive to internal and external customers to;
o create a winning mentality and sense of accountability
o put the customer first
o continually seek to identify new opportunities
• Ensure a level of product knowledge to relieve the reliance on the Account Managers and Sales teams
• Build customer confidence and develop strong relationships through effective management of customer schedules and enquiries. Ensure clear and concise internal and external customer communications regarding day-to-day product delivery
• Liaise with all customers on a regular basis regarding product requirements, timing and logic-checking expectations.
• Raise orders and internal systems to reflect ‘live’ position.
• Send order acknowledgments and confirm despatch plans with correct product certification.
• Prepare price and delivery quotations.
• Arrange stock samples and customised samples.
• Track order progress and identify areas of concern.
• Liaise with Production and Financial departments to minimise stock holding and debtor’s risk
• Evaluate daily and weekly delivery performance.
• Provide regular updates of customer activity to Senior Materials and Logistics Coordinator and Directors. Report changing expectation levels, identify clear business priorities, risks and challenges.
• Liaise with the Senior Materials and Logistics Coordinator and Finance department regarding OEM and / or supply-chain trading matters including the management of credit limits, terms and conditions and all payment concerns
• Assist with management of any customer returns.
• Assist with recording rejection report details.
• Assist with management of credit notes pertaining to returns or compensations and / or management of the debit note database.
• Identify internal and / or supply-chain opportunities for improvement
• Continually promote the company brand
• Experience in a similar role – preferably in the Automotive and / or Aviation Sectors with excellent knowledge of the global OEM / airline landscape
• Good understanding of SLG systems and procedures
• Experience of working to demanding targets
• Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
• Confident and positive telephone manner.
• Some experience of leather manufacturing and cutting processes
• Some automotive or aviation supply-chain management experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong business relationships with all internal and external customers
• Well-developed personal computing skills including spreadsheet applications
• Natural commercial acumen
• Able to identify priorities
• Able to work under pressure and effectively as part of a team
Key Competencies Required
• Being an exemplary role model and taking the lead in promoting and living our values
• Establishes norms of behaviour (from the shadow he/she casts) for the team and takes appropriate actions if they are broken
• Invests in Personal Development
• Is self-aware and authentic
• Is open to feedback
Drives for results
• Delivers against targets in a way which is fast, agile and in line with our company values
• Uses effective influencing and persuading strategies
• Clear, concise, consistent and relevant for individual situations. Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations
• Engages with key stakeholders prior to an important presentation/meeting to enlist their support
• Concern for internal and external customers
• Anticipating what might happen
• Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and contribute towards a common goal
• Account Management
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com