Recycling Plant Manager
Job Posted: 11th July 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
The Recycling Plant Manager will organize the safe and efficient operations and engineering of the Recycling Plant. The principal purpose of the role is to assist in the implementation of the Group Strategy of maximising OEE by improving Plant & Equipment Reliability and progressing the Journey to Zero Waste with Process Optimisation and Standardization.
- Management of 4 teams of Engineers and Operators that will be responsible for safe and efficient operations of high pressure boiler, waste water treatment facilities and rendering plant.
- Promote the use of TCards for near miss and hazard reporting– ensuring appropriate feedback and recognition
- Implement the actions identified through internal and external audits (including health & safety and quality inspections) and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Embed H&S culture of zero tolerance ensuring the policy is fully understood, owned and implemented by every individual – ensuring operators have set up machines correctly and all pre-shift safety checks have been carried out and recorded
- Coordinate the actions identified through internal and external audits (including health & safety and quality inspections) and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Devise systems and methods for improving workplace organization ensuring the Plant is always customer ready.
- Deliver optimum results by creating a can-do attitude through motivating and encouraging employees
- Review and analyse maintenance activities to ensure plant and machinery is kept in full working order and lesson are learned and shared amongst the team.
- Identify any training gaps and deliver or organize training where appropriate.
- Provide technical expertise to assist the Plant Operators and Engineers
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and contribute to One Point Lessons.
- Administer Asset Care policy and documentation
- A qualification at degree level or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable awareness of Lean Manufacturing, RCM, TPM, 5S, Kaizen
- Demonstrable Operation Excellence and Continuous Improvement background highly desirable
- Possess excellent communication and performance management skills that effectively motivate, coach and guide the team members.
- Specialist knowledge in mechanical/electrical/instrumentation/controls preferably in Water or Thermal Combustion.
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective working relationships with the ability to communicate with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and analyse situations by isolating key issues, evaluating relevant data and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Excellent team player – demonstrating practical leadership of people, product process and plant.
- Good understanding of operational metrics and drivers and the use of KPIs to manage an operation
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to regularly changing demands
- Experience of meeting and exceeding health and safety/environmental/ workplace organisation requirements
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills with a coaching style that gets the best out of people, process and plant. focused on collaboration and continual improvement
- Numerate and accurate.
- Competent IT Skills, being capable of using company management systems
- Excellent organisational skills
Key Competencies Required
Role Model - Being an exemplary role model and taking the lead in promoting and living our values.
Develop Your People - Develops, empowers and motivates teams and individuals, driving employee engagement
Provide Direction - Translates the strategy, creating a positive vision that inspires whilst managing change
Drive for Results - Delivers against targets in a way which is fast, agile and in line with our Company values
Communicating Effectively - Uses effective influencing strategies. Clear, concise, consistent and relevant for individual situations and understands, manages, and clarifies expectations
Attention to Detail - Your work is complete and accurate
Thinking ahead - Anticipating what might happen
Problem Solving - Recognises where problems may arise and suggests preventative measures Always seeking valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues
- Recycling Plant General Manager
- Recycling Team Leaders
- Recycling Plant Operators
- Recycling Plant Engineers
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org