Recycling Plant Engineer (Team Leader)
Job Posted: 23rd May 2023
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
The Recycling Plant Engineering Team Leader will organise the safe and efficient operations and engineering of the Recycling Plant.
The principle purpose of the role is to ensure that all Recycling Plant operations continuously run within the limits of the discharge consents at all times, and minimize the levels of waste which leave the site.
The Team Leader will maintain accurate records as required by the Company and regulatory bodies on appropriate systems, and continuously seek to improve operational efficiency and environmental performance.
- Day-to-day management of a team of Engineers and Operators that will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the high-pressure boiler, wastewater treatment facilities and rendering plant.
- Interacting with external contactors ensuring safe practices are undertaken via the authorising and issuing of permits along with switching and carrying out mechanical and electrical isolations.
- Embed H&S culture of zero tolerance ensuring the policy is fully understood, owned and implemented by every individual – ensuring Engineers and Operators have set up machines correctly and all pre-shift safety checks have been carried out and recorded.
- Promote the use of TCards for near miss and hazard reporting– ensuring appropriate feedback and recognition to Engineers and Operators.
- Implement the actions identified through internal and external audits (including health & safety and quality inspections) and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all prescribed quality checks are carried out by Engineers and Operators, highlighting any non-conformances immediately
- Live and breathe workplace organisation ensuring the Plant is always customer ready.
- Create an open and honest culture of communications between the management team and factory employees, which is always aligned to our core values.
- Deliver optimum results by creating a can-do attitude through motivating and encouraging employees - highlighting any training gaps.
- Planning and scheduling maintenance to ensure plant and machinery is kept in full working order, ensuring job requests are promptly logged on maintain.
- Organise the day-to-day operations of the plant through the Plant Engineers and Operators.
- Provide technical expertise to assist the Plant Operators and Engineers.
- Organise transport for waste products and tallow despatches.
- Audit and maintain the chemical stock to ensure effective operations.
- Identify and maintain a sufficient supply of spare parts and materials to maximise process uptime.
- Excellent team player – demonstrating practical leadership of people, product process and plant.
- Experience in a similar role – preferably in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a good understanding of operational metrics and drivers and the use of KPIs to manage an operation.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to regularly changing demands
- Experience of meeting and exceeding health and safety/environmental/ workplace organisation requirements.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills with a coaching style that gets the best out of people, process and plant. Focused on collaboration and continual improvement.
- Numerate and accurate.
- Competent IT Skills, being capable of using company management systems
- Excellent organisational skills.
Key Competencies Required
Being an exemplary role model and taking the lead in promoting and living our values Establishes norms of behaviour (from the shadow he/she casts) for the team and takes appropriate actions if they are broken
Invests in personal development, is self-aware, authentic and open to feedback
Develop Your People
Develops, empowers and motivates teams and individuals, driving employee engagement
Translates the strategy, creating a positive vision that inspires whilst managing change
Drive for Results
Delivers against targets in a way which is fast, agile and in line with our Company values
Uses effective influencing strategies. Clear, concise, consistent and relevant for individual situations and understands, manages, and clarifies expectations
Attention to Detail
Your work is complete and accurate
Anticipating what might happen
Recognises where problems may arise and suggests preventative measures Always seeking valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues
- Recycling Plant General Manager
- Recycling Plant Manager
- Recycling Plant Operators
- Recycling Plant Engineers
How to apply
Please send your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org