Recycling Plant Engineer
Job Posted: 12th July 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
The principle purpose of the role is to ensure that the Plant operates continuously within the limits of the air and water discharge consent at all times.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, The Recycling Plant Engineer will operate and manage the process and machinery of the Recycling Plant. This includes various equipment from our Waste Water, Energy from Waste and Rendering Plant. The engineer will ensure that the Plant is operated safely and is effectively maintained.
- To ensure all work is in accordance with relevant Health & Safety legislation and company policies
- Starting, Stopping and monitoring the Recycling Plant assets via a SCADA system to ensure the site meets its operational targets
- Carry out all of the scheduled and reactive maintenance operations
- Anticipate the process requirements of the Plant
- Report daily on the performance of the plant and raise potential issues with the Shift Team leader
- Prepare and maintain the engineering documentation.
- Knowledge in electrical, mechanical, controls or instrumentation equipment, with appropriate qualifications
- Merchant or Royal Navy Engineers will be considered
- Monitoring of Supervisory and Control systems
- Ability to respond and react positively under pressure
- Operational experience in Energy from Waste, Water Treatment, Coal Power, Combustion plants, Nuclear or Heavy Industry would be advantageous.
Key Competencies Required
Attention to Detail
- Your work is complete and accurate.
- Making difficult decisions on time.
- Doing it before being asked.
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and contribute towards a common goal.
- Asking the right questions to clarify a situation.
- Recognises where problems may arise and suggests preventative measures.
- Achieve results by prioritising workload, effective time management and showing efficiency with resources available and monitoring progress.
- Recycling Plant Manager
- Recycling Plant Operators
- Recycling Plant Engineers
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com