Quality Technician (Nightshift)
Job Posted: 11th July 2022
Location: Paisley, Scotland
Being part of the Quality & Laboratory Team, the role of Quality Technician is to be responsible for the monitoring of hide, leather, & cut-part quality to ensure that it meets prescribed standards & supplying data to illustrate performance.
This role will require close collaboration with our production operations, technical teams, associated quality & laboratory functions, sales & account management teams, and customers to ensure the delivery of a robust quality control system.
- Monitor product at all stages of its throughput, including receipt from suppliers, at each operation within the process, across all shifts & prior to despatch to ensure that it meets internal & external specifications.
- Support new product assessments against specified standards.
- Assist in identifying faults & determining root cause & corrective actions.
- Work with internal & external customers on quality matters e.g., panel exercises, hide assessments / grading etc.
- Ensure that paperwork & data records are accurate, up to-date & issued to the relevant personnel / stakeholders.
- Ensure that equipment used is calibrated, results are recorded & in safe working order.
- To gather relevant data on specified operations to monitor performance & where required produce reports.
- Support New Product Introduction processes collecting measurements, providing support for PPAP/PSW & generation of documents as required.
- Conduct audits & compliance checks on product, process & system as directed.
- Maintain departmental quality database (Visual Menu, Quality excel data & PowerBI).
- Supplier & customer quality performance data collection.
- Hide selection (grading) performance.
- Process compliance (e.g., PSI non-conformance reports, compliance checks, audits & internal NC's).
- Number of audits complete as well as compliance checks conducted against schedule
- Quality of reports & their delivery performance.
- Quantity of continuous improvement initiatives actioned/closed.
- Depot95/96/99 transactions processed.
- Collation of visit reports as well as customer roadmaps.
- Attend customer sites to support quality reviews.
- Ensure environmental, health, safety & wellbeing standards are adhered to.
- Responsible for safe conduct of self & others with regards to tools, equipment, chemicals & health & safety regulations.
- Appropriate degree qualification essential.
- Quality Assurance practitioner essential.
- Experience within automotive / manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of business interfaces.
- Ability to problem solve & deliver factual, concise reports that can be presented to all levels within both the organisation & our customers.
Key Competencies Required
- Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working.
- Treat every experience as an opportunity to learn something new
- Ask others for help and advice.
- Undertake regular self-development aligned to your role or future roles.
Attention to Detail
- Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do.
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork.
- Proactively listen to, consider, and embrace diverse ideas and styles.
- Achieve results by prioritizing workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available.
- Monitor plans and makes changes when targets go off track.
- Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion.
- Respond positively to change and look for new ways of working that improve efficiency.
- Be open to trying new ideas.
- Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience. Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations.
- Act on own initiative without being prompted.
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions, even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
- Focus on customer (internal and external) needs and satisfaction.
- Maintain and enhance effective cross-functional business partnerships through demonstrated integrity.
- Operations Team
- Technical Team
- Quality & Laboratory Team
- Commercial & Sales Managers
- Colour Team
- Cutting Team
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org