Job Posted: 25th November 2022
Location: Paisley, Scotland
As part of the Quality and Laboratory Team, the role of a Quality Engineer is to be responsible for monitoring, auditing and reviewing processes for crust, leather and cut-part quality. This is to ensure that our products meet prescribed standards and supply data to illustrate the Company's quality performance. The focus for the Quality Engineer who will support our finishing department is finished leather.
There will be a strong focus on the continuous improvement of both departmental and company processes which the Quality Engineer will drive forward using collated data and insights. The Quality Engineer will play a key role within the Plant Quality Team, with a safety first, “best in class” expertise and provide an environment that supports continuous improvement to ensure that the Company achieves our manufacturing and sustainability ambitions.
- Support the Quality Technicians who monitor our products at all stages of its throughput, including receipt from suppliers, during the operational processes and prior to dispatch to the customer to ensure that it meets both internal and external expectations.
- Assist in identifying faults and determining where these have occurred to enable faults to be rectified using tools such as Root Cause Analysis and 8D’s.
- Gather relevant data on specified operations to monitor performance, and where required, produce reports with a view to driving continuous improvement using tools such as SPC, Excel, Minitab, PowerBI etc.
- To collect, collate, analyse and report on internal and quality performance including also supplier performance and customer performance.
- To prepare, perform and conduct the scope of internal, supplier and customer audits including IATF16949, ISO9001 & ISO9100.
- Work with the management teams and customers on quality and improvement matters e.g., panel assessments, quality assessment reviews.
- Refer failures to the management teams through data collection and analysis to show the level of significance and to determine the level of response required.
- Ensure that actions, reports and audits (process, product and system) are conducted, completed on-time and followed-up to ensure closure of corrective actions.
- Ensure that equipment used for measurement and testing is maintained, calibrated and operating safely.
- Support with disposition of internal rejects, reworks, and non-conforming products; reporting volumes of transactions through Depot95/99.
- Supplier and/or customer quality performance data analysis.
- Hide selection (grading) performance.
- Process compliance (e.g. PSI non-conformance reports, compliance checks, audits and internal NC's).
- Number of audits complete against schedule.
- Number of compliance checks conducted against schedule.
- Quality of reports and their delivery performance.
- Quantity of continuous improvement initiatives actioned/closed.
- Maintenance of customer roadmaps.
- To attend customer sites to conduct quality reviews and provide reports thereof, when needed.
- Ensure environmental, health, safety and wellbeing standards are adhered to.
- Responsible for safe conduct of self and others with regards to tools, equipment, chemicals and health and safety regulations.
- Interpret and sanitise data to meet Company requirement using MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to problem solve and deliver factual, concise reports that can be presented to all levels within both the Company and our customers.
- Appropriate degree qualification
- Experience within automotive / manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience using MS PowerBI preferred.
Key Competencies Required
- Invest in personal development, is self-aware, authentic and open to feedback.
Drive for Results
- Delivers against targets in a way which is fast, agile and in line with our Company values.
Attention to Detail
- Your work is complete & accurate.
- Clear, concise, consistent & relevant for individual situations and understands, manages and clarifies expectations.
- Actively develop & maintain beneficial relationships and contribute towards a common goal.
- Recognises where problems may arise and suggests preventative measures
- Production Supervisors
- Production Managers
- Technical Team
- Quality & Laboratory Team
- Commercial and Sales Managers
- Colour Team
- Cutting Team
- Training Team
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com