Job Posted: 11th July 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir
Being part of the Quality & Laboratory Team, the role of Quality Engineer is to be responsible for monitoring, auditing & reviewing processes for crust, leather & cut-part quality to ensure that they meet prescribed standards & supply data to illustrate the Company's quality performance.
There will be a strong focus on the continuous improvement of both departmental processes & those within the business which the Quality Engineer will drive forward using collated data & insights. You will play a key role within the Plant Quality Team, with safety first, “best in class” expertise & providing an environment that supports continuous improvement to ensure that we achieve our manufacturing & sustainability ambitions.
- Monitor product at all stages of its throughput, including receipt from suppliers, at each operation within the process & prior to despatch to the customer to ensure that it meets both internal & external expectations.
- Assist in identifying faults & determining where these have occurred so that they may be rectified
- To collect, collate, analyse & report on internal & quality performance including also supplier performance & customer performance.
- Gather relevant data on specified operations to monitor performance & where required, produce reports with a view to driving continuous improvement using tools such as SPC, Excel, Minitab, PowerBI etc.
- Refer failures to management through data collection & analysis to show the level of significance & to determine the level of response required.
- Ensure that actions, reports & audits (process, product & system) are conducted, completed on-time & followed-up to ensure closure of corrective actions.
- Ensure that equipment used for measurement & testing is maintained, calibrated & operating safely.
- Work with management & /or customers on quality & improvement matters e.g. panel assessments, quality assessment reviews.
- To prepare, perform & conduct the scope of internal, supplier & customer audits including IATF16949, ISO9001 & ISO9100.
- To ensure that paperwork & data records are accurate, up to-date & issued to the relevant personnel / stakeholders.
- Disposition of internal rejects, reworks & non-conforming products; reporting volumes of transactions through Depot95/99.
- Supplier & customer quality performance data analysis.
- Hide selection (grading) performance.
- Process compliance (e.g. PSI non-conformance reports, compliance checks, audits & internal NC's).
- Number of audits complete against schedule.
- Number of compliance checks conducted against schedule.
- Quality of reports & their delivery performance.
- Quantity of continuous improvement initiatives actioned/closed.
- Maintenance of customer roadmaps.
- To attend customer sites to conduct quality reviews & provide reports thereof.
- Ensure environmental, health, safety & wellbeing standards are adhered to.
- Responsible for safe conduct of self & others with regards to tools, equipment, chemicals & health & safety regulations.
- Appropriate degree qualification essential.
- Quality practitioner essential.
- Experience within automotive / manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of business interfaces.
- Ability to problem solve & deliver factual, concise reports that can be presented to all levels within both this organization & our Customers.
Develop Yourself - Invest in personal development, is self-aware, authentic & open to feedback.
Drive for Results - Delivers against targets in a way which is fast, agile & in line with our Company values.
Attention to Detail - Your work is complete & accurate.
Communication - Clear, concise, consistent & relevant for individual situations & understands, manages & clarifies expectations.
Teamwork - Actively develop & maintain beneficial relationships & contribute towards a common goal.
Problem Solving - Recognises where problems may arise and suggests preventative measures
• Operations Managers
• Technical Management
• Quality & Laboratory Team
• Commercial & Sales Managers
• Colour Team
• Cutting Team
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org