Nightshift Team Leader
Job Posted: 11th January 2022
Job Title: Nighshift Team Leader, Scottish Leather Group
Reports to: Production Supervisor, Scottish Leather Group
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
The Rollercoat and Spray Team Leader is responsible for the safe operation of a spray or rollercoat line and overseeing the team working on that operation. The Team Leader should maintain regular and effective communication with the team, ensuring that all operational and housekeeping tasks are completed daily, which will support and maintain quality and workplace organisation standards. In addition, the Team Leader will work closely with the Colour and Quality teams to ensure that the coatings applied to the hides are correct and within specification for customers.
- To ensure that the spray machine is set up correctly and all safety checks have been carried out.
- Viscosity checks – method used to establish the specific viscosity of each mix prior to spraying.
- Add on checks – method used to establish the correct amount of finish is applied according to the technical specification.
- Colour checks and corrections – method used to ensure that the leather is within customer specification for colour and gloss level when required. This is checked by lab personnel and any adjustments added by the team leader.
- Monitoring of the machines and ongoing quality, colour and add on checks throughout the batch run.
- Ensuring that the hides are transferred after the final topcoat.
- Inspection – to inspect the colour check pass hide to ensure a high quality of application and free from any faults, e.g. mottle, gun spits, inlay, etc., to inspect every 65 hides thereafter.
- Responsible for ensuring all Health and Safety standards are met.
- Takes ownership for ensuring all housekeeping duties are met such as gun cleaning and safe working are promoted.
- Team player – works as part of team to deliver results.
- Effective communications at all levels.
- Has worked in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with an understanding of using KPIs to manage an operation
- Experience of meeting and exceeding Health & Safety and workplace organisation requirements
- Demonstrable management or supervisory skills – can provide examples of coaching others to improve performance
Key Competencies Required
- Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working
- Treat every experience as an opportunity to learn something new
- Ask others for help and advice
- Undertake regular self-development aligned to your role or future roles
- Be an exemplary role model and take the lead in promoting and living by our values
- Establish norms of behaviour for the team and take appropriate actions if they are not adhered to
Attention to Detail
- Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information
- Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork
- Proactively listen to, consider, and embrace diverse ideas and styles
- Achieve results by prioritising workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available
- Monitor plans and makes changes when targets go off track
- Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion
- Respond positively to change and look for new ways of working that improve efficiency
- Be open to trying new ideas
- Use effective communication strategies to develop, empower, and motivate teams and individuals, as well as driving employee engagement
- Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience
- Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations
- Translate strategy, creating a positive vision that inspires while managing change
- Act on own initiative without being prompted
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions, even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/issues
- Focus on customer (internal and external) needs and satisfaction
- Colour Team
- Quality Technicians
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com