Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Job Posted: 12th August 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir
To contribute and drive the continuous improvement of all maintenance activities to ensure plant efficiency is kept to an optimum level at all times.
To ensure that all electrical and mechanical maintenance needs are met or exceeded to the level set by the Engineering Manager and partake in all improvement initiatives where applicable. To react promptly and efficiently to all breakdown requirements when required.
- Perform all maintenance activities as required.
- To assist other members of your team within your abilities & where safe to do so.
- Participate in all planned, preventative, and predictive activities as required.
- Participate in all plant efficiency improvements when required.
- Fully support the maintenance team in providing a first-class service to the company.
- Log all job data promptly on to internal maintenance system for history and KPI measurement.
- Ensure health & safety standards are met and maintained
- Machine downtime efficiency
- Planned to reactive job completion ratio.
- Allocated job efficiency targets.
- Achieve standards set by Engineering Manager
- Relevant experience working within electrical/mechanical/technical disciplines.
- Excellent all-round technical/mechanical/hydraulic system knowledge.
- Broad knowledge of both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Previous experience of working in an operational environment would be preferential.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Organised, logical, and methodical approach to planning and execution of tasks.
- Has a ‘can do - will do’ attitude.
- Confident, self-motivated, and resilient, able to proactively identify issues and drive delivery of solutions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Key Competencies Required
- Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working.
- Treat every experience as an opportunity to learn something new
- Ask others for help and advice.
- Undertake regular self-development aligned to your role or future roles.
Attention to Detail
- Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do.
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork.
- Proactively listen to, consider, and embrace diverse ideas and styles.
- Achieve results by prioritizing workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available.
- Monitor plans and makes changes when targets go off track.
- Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion.
- Respond positively to change and look for new ways of working that improve efficiency.
- Be open to trying new ideas.
- Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience. Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations.
- Act on own initiative without being prompted.
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions, even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
- Engineering Projects Manager
- Engineering Director
- Head of Engineering
- Engineering Maintenance Manager
- Operational Managers
- Leather Technical Teams
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org