Job Posted: 19th August 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland.
Supporting the Operations team with improvement activities. This involves gathering and analysing data to identify the most strategic opportunities for improvement, for example devising and implementing an appropriate strategy to address these issues.
The Manufacturing Engineer is challenged with delivering a vision of operational excellence that is compelling and accessible to challenging the status quo whilst building effective working relationships to meet your objectives.
- Whilst living the Company values and promoting health, safety and wellbeing, inspire, motivate and coach the operations team to help them develop new skills and support succession planning
- Carry out time studies and value stream mapping to assess the content and structure of roles and process stages within the business and utilise this data to suggest and engineer improvements to benefit productivity, cost and performance
- Create process drill down and gap analysis and identify improvement activities to minimize waste within processes
- Perform validation and verification exercises to evaluate the current actual timing and resourcing levels of the process stages
- Be aware of ongoing activities within the department and any issues to support the delivery of products to our customers (OTIF)
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement activity pipeline, both by seeking out new projects and by addressing projects already registered
- Support Production Manager in achieving goals and objectives for the functions
- Gather and analyse data to provide meaningful and influential information in an accessible and easily understood format
- Work in partnership with Operators and Supervisors to identify issues and inspire teams to adopt new and innovative ways of working
- Fully conversant in the use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of continuous improvement strategies (e.g. Lean Manufacturing)
- Ability to manage projects with multiple cross-functional interfaces, have good written and oral communication skills, and be capable of working with the minimum of direction.
- Innovative, curious, able to deal with ambiguity and motivated to think out of the box.
- Demonstrable ability to build effective working relationships across multiple business functions.
Key Competencies Required
- The ability to work under pressure and to agreed timelines
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- The ability to work with diverse teams
- Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org