Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Biased)
Job Posted: 18th May 2023
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
The Thermal Energy Plant (Electronically biased) Maintenance Engineer will operate and manage the process and machinery of the Recycling Plant. This includes various equipment from our Water Waste, Energy from Waste and Rendering Plant. The Engineer will ensure that the Plant is operated safely and is effectively maintained.
The Thermal Energy Plant (Electronically biased) Maintenance Engineer will organise the process and machinery of the Thermal Energy Plant. In addition, they will ensure that the Fat Plant operations are operated effectively.
We are looking for an electrically biased maintenance engineer with experience in the waste, chemical, steel, renewable energy or recycling industry or similar work environment to join the Thermal Energy Plant (TEP) team, to ensure that the TEP and the Fat Plant operate continuously within the limits of the air and water discharge consent at all times.
- Carry out all the scheduled and reactive maintenance operations.
- Anticipate the process requirements of the Thermal Plant and ensure that filter cake reaches the plant in a timely manner.
- Report daily on the performance of the plant and raise potential issues with the Engineering Supervisor.
- Assist the Fat Plant Operator to make sure that the plant operates continuously
- To ensure all work is in accordance with relevant Health & Safety legislation and Company policies.
- Carry out all scheduled and reactive maintenance operations.
- Anticipate the process requirements of the Plant.
- Report daily on the performance of the plant and raise potential issues with the Shift Team Leader.
- Prepare and maintain the engineering documentation
- Electrically biased with strong Mechanical skills
- Knowledge of CMMS and control systems.
- Hold IEE wiring regulations (17th or 18th Edition)
- Good logical thought process with regards to fault diagnosis and rectification
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC’s and Inverter drives would be advantageous
- Experience working in a heavy duty, manufacturing, or similar environment
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to regularly changing demands
- Experience of meeting and exceeding health and safety/environmental/workplace organisation requirements
- Focused and driven to produce quality results and continual improvement
Key Competencies Required
- Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working.
- Treat every experience as an opportunity to learn something new
- Believe in your own ability but ask others for help and advice when necessary.
- Undertake regular self-development aligned to your role or future roles.
Attention to Detail
- Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do.
- Understand what makes our business successful and be conscious of internal and external developments.
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork
- Proactively listen to, consider, and embrace diverse ideas and styles
- Achieve results by prioritizing workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available.
- Monitor plans and makes changes when targets go off track.
- Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion.
- Respond positively to change and look for new ways of working that improve efficiency.
- Be open to trying new ideas.
- Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience. Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations.
- Act on own initiative without prompting and ask the right questions to clarify situations.
- Anticipating what might happen and suggesting preventative measures.
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions, even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
- Engineering Director
- Water Treatment Plant Team
- Thermal Energy Plant Team
- Thermal Energy Plant Engineering Supervisor
- Water Treatment Plant Engineering Supervisor
How to apply
Please send your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org