Lead Production Supervisor
Job Posted: 11th January 2023
The role of the Lead Production Supervisor is to assist the Production Manager in ensuring the safe and operational efficiency of day-to-day production which guarantees optimum performance, achieving all production KPI’s, and fulfil customer demands whilst ensuring all company procedures and compliances (both internal and external) are fully met. The Lead Production Supervisor will also work, in conjunction with the Production Manager, on a variety of projects related to ongoing organisational improvements including, but not limited to, Health and Safety, Quality, Workplace Organisation, Environmental and Sustainability.
- Embed H&S culture of zero tolerance ensuring the policy is fully understood, owned and implemented by every individual – Lead by example.
- Ensuring all H&S compliance checks are complete.
- Promote the use of TCards for near miss and hazard reporting– ensuring appropriate feedback and recognition to operators.
- Implement the actions identified through internal and external audits (including health & safety and quality inspections) and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Manage all internal and external regulatory compliances and guidelines as set out by health & safety, quality and environmental requirements
- Ensure a Quality 1st culture is in place throughout the area of responsibility.
- Participate in audits on H&S, Environmental and Quality.
- Conduct factory tours for visitors while ensuring the areas are always visitor ready.
- Oversee the production plan, advise Supervisors and Schedulers to continually increase efficiencies.
- Takes ownership of POD information, recording performance and plans.
- Deliver optimum results by driving KPI’s set by Production Manager.
- Drive OTIF performance throughout Finishing operations to support dispatch plan.
- The performance management of Supervisors required with the support of HR, e.g. absence management, lateness, performance, conduct.
- Oversee holiday allocation to ensure the correct level of skill is in place across all shifts, all of the time.
- Coaching, mentoring and development of Supervisors, participation in conducting PDR’s.
- Advising and Liaising with Production Support to optimize machine availability and performance.
- Lead continuous improvement projects for increased efficiency.
- Excellent supervisory/management skills – demonstrating practical leadership and coaching abilities.
- Experience in a similar role – preferably in a manufacturing/industrial setting.
- Good understanding of operational metrics and use of KPIs.
- Experience of meeting and exceeding health and safety/environmental/quality requirements.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Skilled in multi-tasking and prioritising to achieve set targets.
- Experience of working to high quality standards.
- Ability to be calm under pressure.
- Confidence in presenting to groups of all levels.
- Competent IT Skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Key Competencies Required
- Being an exemplary role model and taking the lead in promoting and living our values
- Establishes norms of behaviour (from the shadow he/she casts) for the team and takes appropriate actions if they are broken
- Invests in Personal Development
- Is self-aware and authentic
- Is open to feedback
Develop your People
- Develops, empowers and motivates teams and individuals
- Drives employee engagement
- Translates strategy, creating a positive vision
- Inspires while managing change
Drives for results
- Delivers against targets in a way which is fast, agile and in line with our company values
- Uses effective influencing strategies
- Clear, concise, consistent, and relevant for individual situations. Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations
- Engages with key stakeholders prior to an important presentation/meeting to enlist their support
- Always seeking valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
- Production Managers
- Operations Director
- Colour Manager/Supervisor
- Technical Manager/Technicians
- Quality Manager/Technicians
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Production Team Leaders
- HSW Advisor
- HR Advisor
- Training Manager/Trainers
- Scheduling Team
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com