Job Posted: 20th June 2022
The data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis of business processes to include data requirements, activities and design and build of data capture and reporting solutions. The incumbent will create, implement and own the data analysis and reporting strategy for the group, delivering data solutions using a number of tools that enable insight and performance monitoring and quality control plans. The senior data analyst uses data to guide the business through all programmes and initiatives, enabling continuous improvement in data quality, departmental performance and overall business performance.
- Define data models, working alongside senior stakeholders, to enable the delivery, planning and review of usable and practical data solutions and outputs that add value to the business.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand needs, effectively prioritise requests, and define the analytics roadmap, offering solutions beyond the basic requirements
- Gather and define requirements, interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Design, develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems, at same time challenging data quality, identifying where data quality can be improved
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Oversee and conduct the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions and opportunities to deliver bottom line value to the company
- Use data to remove bias and guesswork and replacing it with informed, objective decision making
- Lead multi-disciplinary virtual teams to deliver complex end to end data solutions
- Mentor and train others in the business to deliver their own data solutions to known issues, maintaining compliance to group standards
- Push the business to be more data-driven, championing self-service analytics and data-driven decision making throughout the organisation
- Ensure solutions are compatible with other business systems, especially planning, financial and ERP
- Degree or higher in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, and Minitab etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Able to collate business requirements and translate these into technical specifications
- Use business knowledge and information gathered to design reporting and operational tools for the business, project managing this work and the related tasks assigned to our support partners.
- Produce professional documentation to support all elements, such as business cases, technical specifications, implementation and testing plans and training manuals.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills – ability to translate functional requirements for technical stakeholders and vice-versa
- Assist with support issues and minor development requirements as well as responding to requests for data
- The ability to take a lead role in managing projects, utilising data from business systems and third-party sources
- Strong ability to understand and articulate data concepts and design to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of the whole business process from order, through production despatch and invoicing.
- Experience of lean and six sigma programmes within a manufacturing environment, and how data has a key role within them.
- Knowledge of ERP systems in manufacturing, and data requirements therein.
Key Competencies Required
- Achieve results by prioritising workload, effective time management and showing efficiency with resources available and monitoring progress
- Being an exemplary role model and taking the lead in promoting and living our values
- Invests in personal development, is self-aware, authentic and open to feedback
Attention to Detail
- Your work is complete and accurate
- Concern for external and internal customers
- Doing it before being asked
- Creating new and improved products / ways of getting the job done
- Your work is complete and accurate
- Keeping everyone who needs to know in the loop
- Asking the right questions to clarify a situation
- Recognises where problems may arise and suggests preventative measures
- Anticipating what might happen
- Company MDs
- Directors and heads of department
- IT Department
- Engineering Departments
- Production teams
- Citizen developers
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org