Job Posted: 12th July 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
The Colour Development Technician is accountable to improve production efficiency through pursuit of excellence in all aspects of colour sampling, mixing, matching, and application processes. Prepare and match new development colours to meet customer expectations. Following samples through to successful completion and despatch.
• Take full ownership and drive process improvements in colour sampling, mixing, matching and application.
• Effective development and implementation of new products with heightened focus on colour control.
• To maintain accurate records of matching parameters.
• Effectively builds relationships with all departments and peer groups across the business to ensure a joined-up approach to delivering excellence.
• Take ownership of delivering colour samples on time every time.
• To refine, improve and record alterations to pigment formulations.
• Attend weekly Samples and Review Meetings with sales, lab and technical.
• Take ownership for ensuring that all housekeeping duties are met, clean and safe work area.
• Fully support the manager to maintain a Colour Centre of Excellence in line with operational excellence principles, a clear, clean, and visually controlled centre.
• Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety for self and others which will contribute to “zero tolerance” H&S initiatives.
• Previous experience of working in an operational environment would be preferential.
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, able to provide accurate color differentiation.
• Confident, self-motivated, and resilient, able to proactively identify issues and drive delivery of solutions. Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Key Competencies Required:
• Respond positively to feedback and be open to incorporating these into your way of working.
• Treat every experience as an opportunity to learn something new
• Ask others for help and advice.
• Undertake regular self-development aligned to your role or future roles.
Attention to Detail
• Superior vision and colour categorisation, as well as excellent colour process knowledge and experience.
• Consistently provide accurate, complete, and quality work and information.
• Demonstrate brilliant execution by delivering work on time, being thorough, and applying high standards to everything you do.
• Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and show commitment to outstanding teamwork.
• Proactively listen to, consider, and embrace diverse ideas and styles.
• Achieve results by prioritizing workload, effective time management, and showing efficiency with resources available.
• Very disciplined with procedures and keeps meticulous records
• Monitor plans and makes changes when targets go off track.
• Show energy and determination to drive action through to completion.
• Respond positively to change and look for new ways of working that improve efficiency.
• Be open to trying new ideas.
• Develop and deliver clear, concise, consistent, and relevant information (verbal and written) to meet the needs of the audience. Understands, manages, and clarifies expectations.
• Act on own initiative without being prompted.
• Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance.
• Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions, even in times of uncertainty and
• Always seek valid information to solve and eliminate root causes of problems/ issues.
• Colour Operations Manager
• Colour Manager
• Account Managers
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org