Chemical Waste Operative
Job Posted: 7th November 2022
Location: Bridge of Weir, Scotland
To support chemical waste team lead in providing chemical waste services to business in line with SLG goals, vision, and mission to achieve manufacturing excellence. Improve production efficiency through pursuit of excellence in all aspects of managing and disposal of chemical waste. Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety for self and others which will contribute to “zero tolerance” H&S initiatives.
- Safe disposal of finishing chemical waste
- Accurate record keeping and recording of all finishing chemical waste
- Effective cleaning of barrels for use in production of finishing chemical dispenses
- Shredding of unusable plastics from the department
- Ensuring recoveries when applicable to maintain minimum chemical waste targets
- Identify and resolving any issues that may impact the production schedule
- Effectively builds relationships with all departments and peer groups across the business to ensure a joined-up approach to delivering excellence.
- To identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
Key Competencies Required
- Actively develop and maintain beneficial relationships and contribute towards a common goal
- Doing it before being asked
- Is driven to succeed & results oriented.
- Clear, concise, consistent and relevant for individual situations and understands, manages, and clarifies expectations
Attention to Detail
- Your work is complete and accurate
- Ability to operate and understand relevant machinery
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Enthusiastic and energetic – gets things done.
- Achieve results by prioritising workload, effective time management and showing efficiency with resources available and monitoring progress
How to Apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com